INTENSIVE ENGLISH CONVERSATION(I.E.C)
CULTURAL TRAVEL ADVENTURES
With more than 40 years of dedicated service with the International Cultural/student exchange community, Manuel (Manny) Dume is recognized as one of the World’s most dedicated and selfless English-language conversation instructors. Manny’s innovative registered brand of Intensive English Learning “ Dumecology”, not only prepares students, graduates, businessmen, and businesswomen for successful academic studies and effective English communication; it also establishes friendships that last a lifetime. Some of Manny’s impressive career accomplishments in the World of cultural language exchange are as follows:
* More than 3,000 hours of in-class English conversation instruction to University students while contracted as the full-time English language instructor for South Korea’s Tourism Industry Leader (1982-1986)
* Foreign Diplomat in South Korea (1986-1988) as Cultural Attaché facilitated cultural and English language lessons to university student leaders from all major universities in Seoul. Including during the period of the democratic movement of 1987.
* Based in Mexico City during the first decade of the North American Free Trade agreement from (1992-2003) hired students to work at the Canadian/American company he directed, and in collaboration with the brothers of Christian Instruction recruited many Mexican students to attend the High School he graduated from Mount Assumption/Seton Catholic.
* Initiated English language programs for the Latino community in North Lake Tahoe, California (2003-2006)
* 2006 to present: Founded World United and initiated the International Cultural Exchange travel program with an English language component. Traveled with more than 2,500 International students, from over 40 different countries to almost every region of the United States. (Over 200,000 miles)
* In 2017 he began his guest for a University Degree as a full-time student of linguistics. Graduated from California State University with a degree in Linguistics and TESL in May of 2022.
* 2022 officially branded the English language component of World United’s Cultural Exchange travel program “Dumecology”, established the requirements for those who will be involved with the Dumecology program as teachers, and branded their title as “Dumecologist”
Dumecology is an innovative Intensive English Language Cultural Travel Program
* Foreign visitors arrive at the United States on B1/B2 Tourist Visa
* University students already in the United States join the experience during their school breaks
* Participants do not pay a fee or price to enjoy the cultural experience, the established expense of the travel is shared by the group equally. There are no strangers in Dumecology, only friends who hadn’t yet met”
* Dumecologist joining on the experience are volunteers, they are the founder’s University Alumni brothers & sisters, and graduates from Universities throughout the United State who have degrees in Linguistics, TESL, and English.
* Drivers are also volunteers; they are veterans who enjoy conversing and showing all the United States landmarks to our extended family, our international visitors, and University students studying in the U.S.
Joining the Dumecology International family is an honor and a privilege, we welcome all our friends to join us. We are widely diverse and all inclusive.
* Our English conversations begin the moment we gather for breakfast in the morning and continue until we retire to bed at night. Approximately 10 hours or more per day. (70 hours per week)
* Dumecology enjoys nature, our experience is not about being in a classroom at an American University 25 hours a week. Our English learning is done as we travel to exciting destinations as friends. Cities and towns of the United States, National parks, Rivers, Lakes and Oceans, Barbecues, picnics, and volleyball and soccer games on the beautiful beaches of the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.
How does the Dumecology experience compare to the standard intensive English programs that are in place at Universities and Language institutes throughout the United States:
EIP programs in the United States:
* Inside Classroom Instruction: 25 hours per week X 8 weeks: 200 hours
* Application Fee: $150
* Program Fee: $3.345.00
* Housing & Meal Plan: $3,340.00
Total: $6,835.00 (U.S Dollars)
Dumecology International Friends Cultural Exchange Road trip with English conversation:
* English learning as we travel to exciting destinations: Estimated Minimum of 408 hours during the 8 week Dumecology coast to coast program.
* Application and Program Fee: None; ($0) We are traveling together as World United International members, not as applicants for an Institution’s profit-making program.
* Total cost of the Dumecology program $4,900 all inclusive.
* Housing: Included in the shared expense: (2 person room at a Wyndham chain hotel or similar)
* Meal Plan: Breakfast is included when the group stays at our designated Wyndham hotel. Meals per traveling friend are estimated at $25 * dollars per day
Who can join us on a World United Dumecology friendship road trip adventure?
International students on vacation that have been granted a tourist visa with the specific purpose to travel on the Dumecology International cultural experience. (18 years of age or older who have completed High School) If High school has not been completed, must be accompanied by a parent(s).
Businessmen and women from all regions of the world, American and International students enrolled at Universities in the United States along with their families and friends, Department of State J-1 summer work and travel students on their 30-day grace period for travel and their families. Veterans and their families, World United Alumni and their families. All participants must understand in detail that Dumecology is not a tourist agency/company, they will be participating in a cultural exchange road trip experience, similar to going on an exciting journey with a group of friends. Participation is totally voluntary, and one of the purposes of the adventure is to establish international friendships that last a lifetime.